So I’ve decided to do this review as a 2 parter – the reason being is I bought these 3 products as part of a collection and have always used these products as a collection… I will be reviewing the Facial Wash and Night Cream on this post.
I was like many of you out there, wanted to do the absolute minimum to get amazing results. Some of you out there are lucky enough to get away with this, unfortunately this is not the case with me.
Little background on my skin time –
- oily/combination skin
- acne prone
- acne scarring that won’t budge
So with this in mind, I’m going to begin…
First things 1st, is the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash which states
As part of the Elemis Anti-aging Resurfacing Programme, this daily face wash stimulates the skin’s natural cell renewal cycle, actively smoothing and refining whilst sloughing away dead skin cells which dull the complexion.
What this means is that rather than you having to wait for your skin to re-produce skins cells as its own pace, the facial wash is speeding up that process of skin renewal but in a natural way.
REMEMBER – everyone’s skin cells re-produce at different speed levels
I was recommended this product due to the acne prone skin and acne scarring that I have. I was told that tri-enzyme products will help the reproduction of new skins cells as the acne scarring is just skin cells that have not yet been re-produced. Baring in mind that acne scars can be a good few skin layers deep and can vary on how deep depending on how bad the acne was.
The 2nd part of my collection being the Tri-Enzyme resurfacing night cream.
Very similar to the resurfacing facial wash it states:
As part of Elemis Anti-Ageing Resurfacing programme, this nightly treatment stimulates the skin’s natural cell renewal cycle, actively smoothing and enhancing the skin whilst cellular respiration is at it’s optimum.
They say that the skin is renewing it’s skin cells more rapidly through the night whilst you’re asleep. There are many reasons as to why scientists believe this which I won’t go in to but Elemis decided to make the most of this by producing this cream as one of the Tr-Enzyme products they hold.
Now I decided to share my thoughts overall on these 2 products as they are mainly used in conjunction together. The facial wash I use morning and night and I have to say just using the facial wash alone in the morning is refreshing, cleansing and I do not feel as though I am damaging my skin like you do with some facial washes. The cream I am obviously using at night, it is extremely moisturising without being greasy or sticky, smells lovely and makes me feel pampered.
- BIGGEST PRO – I am flabbergasted at the results, that’s right flabbgergasted! My scarring has reduced significantly and in some areas of my face completely gone! I am still amazed at these products and they results they have had. Everyone has noticed how good my skin is and has made me so confident.
- It is not a massively extensive process to get the skin I’ve been waiting for. It’s 2 simple steps that take a few minutes together.
- The products aren’t stinky. The night cream in my opinion has a slightly better smell and neither products are extremely strong in smell
so you’re not passing out at the smell of your own face (always a bonus).
- The products last a long while. I’ve had these products about a month now, I’ve already seen results and as you can see by the photo of the facial wash there is still quite a bit left. Not to mention the night cream (a little goes a long way and you can barely tell it’s been used).
- This collection came with a lovely little Elemis bag/case for storing the products which has enough space for more products to be stored also,
- These products are unfortunately pricey. Therefore, it is worth waiting for special offers or gift sets to come out, especially with the night cream. This is the only Con that I can personally find and it can be considered quite a big one but if you’re someone like me and just wanted something that would help you no matter what the cost then you may be able to overcome costs.
I’ll be honest, I did not have 100% faith when I started using these products due to the amount of products I had tried but hand on heart never thought I’d say this but the products have been worth every penny!
If you want to see a review on the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask pictured in the first photo then please let me know! Hope this helped you out.